Sunday, January 27, 2013

Excitement

I remember a certain post a few months back where I said my New Year's Resolution would be to blog more. HA. Apparently I forgot how crazy life gets during the holidays and the last few days of winter break. I am about to start my third week of classes (OF MY LAST SEMESTER before student teaching!!!!) and have finally gotten ahead enough where I have a minute to do a post. 

First off, we are just under seven months on the wedding countdown. I can't believe It has almost been a full year since I got engaged and started planning this wedding. I also can't believe how little I have gotten done! I truly had no idea how much it takes to plan a wedding, and how crazy life as a single(ish), student mom is. We have found some really cool, cheap ideas for things to do for the wedding. I have been working on making is as cheap as possible for my mom. 

A few ways we are doing that:

  1. Instead of hiring a band or DJ, we have decided to make a playlist, in advance, of the songs we want played and are going to put them on an iPod. My dad has all of the equipment to do the sound and we will have someone in charge of the iPod so nothing crazy gets played. I figure it saves us roughly $500-$1000, when you figure in the tip and all that. 
  2. Buying a keg, or two, and the rest with be a cash bar. I figure most of the people will be okay with a Keg of Mich Golden Light. If they aren't they can buy their own drinks. I don't think it is necessary to provide people with unlimited free alcohol especially when they don't have to drive. That bill would be incredibly high!
There are definitely more things we have planned but I can't think of them because I have something bigger on my mind!

WE PICKED OUT A HOUSE! I am beyond excited. We are one step closer to not living back and forth between both of our parents houses and just having out own place! I am so happy all I wanna do is go buy stuff and start getting it ready for MAY! But then I remember I don't have time or money. :( 

Anyways it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with kitchen, laundry, living room dining room and den. Plenty of space for the three of us to live for a while. Best of all the master bedroom has plenty of room for our King bed and other stuff! It is a beautiful thought having more than just our bed in a room! I simply cannot wait. I am scouring Pinterest for ways to decorate my home. I took a million pictures so I remember what things look like and can do before and after shots! 

Anyways, life is good this week. Excited to finish school, wedding plans, and move into our own place! AND I am seriously going to try to get on here more. Wish me luck!

Until next time!
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment