Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stocking Stuffers

I was actually very excited about my first Christmas as a mom and an almost-wife. I thoroughly enjoy buying things for those I love, and have probably gone a little over board for one little boy this year. I know he is only going to be one...and he won't remember a thing. But I will. I would remember that I barely got him anything. So I got him quite a few things, and I got his daddy quite a few things too. 

Usually on Thanksgiving my family decorates the house for Christmas. With it being just Colton and I in the apartment, and very little money to spend on decorations, we only have  a few of the gel window clings in each room. Yup. That is the extent of my christmas decorations. It's actually a little depressing. So being the good mom I am, I bought stockings for us. It just wouldn't be Christmas without stockings. I didn't really think much about having to fill the stockings. I have been trying to come up with stuff to put in them, and I have gotten a few ideas from some other blogs through Pinterest. The one thing I never thought about, until now of course, was who gets to fill my stocking?? Then I realized...ME. That is so very sad. What's worse? I had more ideas of what to put in my stocking than my fiance's. 

Anyways, I wanted to make a list of ideas that I can use for years to come.

Baby Stocking Stuffers (these will be mainly boy items for the time being): 

  1. Puffs (yeah those gerber puffs, all the kids I know love them, mine is no exception)
  2. Toothbrush
  3. Sippy cup
  4. Snack container
  5. Little cars
  6. Balls (preferably ones that bounce, since those are his favorite right now)
  7. Small books
  8. Any type of snacks
  9. Socks
  10. Hat and mittens
  11. Movies
  12. Teething toys

Mommy Stocking Stuffers:
  1. Make-up (eye-liner, mascara, lip stick, foundation, etc.)
  2. Nail Polish
  3. Hair accessories (bobby pins, headbands, clips, etc.)
  4. Hand Sanitizer
  5. Hair spray, moroccan oil, heat protector spray, shampoo, conditioner, sea salt spray (anything for the hair) 
  6. Gum
  7. Toothbrush
  8. Giftcards
  9. Socks
  10. Tea 
  11. Essential Oils
  12. Travel sized stuff (mouthwash, hairspray, deodorant, hand sanitizer, etc)

Daddy Stocking Stuffers:
  1. Gum
  2. Candy
  3. Cologne
  4. Tie/bow-tie
  5. Toothbrush
  6. Gloves
  7. Gift Cards
  8. Golf balls
  9. Mini Alcohol Bottles
  10. Travel sized stuff

I am hoping to come up with many more ideas than this, stocking are pretty big! Hopefully will keep updating as I think. But it's finals time, and I should be studying (clearly that's why I am blogging!), so off to the land of productive people..I hope I'll make it there before my grades fall any further. ;) 

Until next time!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment